Over the last few months I have spoken to quite a few doctors who are looking to open a new office and want to purchase a C-Arm.
Speaking to each doctor for around 30-40 minutes and going over their needs I have discovered that their first instinct is to go to eBay and check out the costs of C-Arms.
The doctors have been telling me that they don’t have a lot of money in their budgets since they are just starting out on their own.
They look on eBay or other websites and see a C-Arm between $15,000 - $18,000 and they are thinking of purchasing that C-Arm. What a bargain!
You’ve Got To Be Kidding!
Here are Six Reasons not to buy a C-Arm on eBay:
1) You can not inspect the C-Arm!
2) There is no warranty on the C-Arm!
3) The software functionalities on the C-Arm are not always disclosed!
Example: Non Vascular or Vascular
4) Can be damaged during shipment!
5) There is no FDA 2579 Form that comes with the system (Doctor needs this to register with their state so they can use the system.)
6) Past patient information is usually still on the hard drive of the system and that is a HIPPA violation.
You essentially get what you paid for- but can you return it? Don’t think so-
Atlantis Worldwide has several solutions for doctors that are just starting out.
• Rent to Buy
• Used, Refurbished & New C-Arms
• Rental Programs
• Easy Flexible Financing Programs
Here are some blogs you might be interested in:
- Free C-Arm Resources
- Refurbishing a C-Arm Inside and Out
- Room -Size Does Matter When Purchasing a C-Arm
- The Right C Arm or the Left? Which is Best For You?
- C-Arm Movement Swival & Swing
Meet the author: Vikki Harmonay