Finally, there’s a CT Scanner that performs scans on pediatric patients without the need for sedation! What a relief for parents, children, physicians and technicians, alike. Siemens has launched the new SOMATOM Dual Source CT Scanner and it’s been approved by the FDA.
Great news, in and of itself, but it’s even more exciting because it uses the lowest radiation doses, thanks to a Stellar Infinity detector, use of very low kV levels and interactive reconstruction capabilities.
Children aren’t the only ones who benefit from this new technology. If a patient is in need of lung CT scans, it too can be performed at a very low dose. The clinician can customize the voltage and dose for every patient, because the X-ray tube is adjustable in 10kV increments.
There are many other benefits to using this new technology from Siemens:
- The new Sigma generators and Straton MXSigma X-ray tubes actually improve beam focusing. You can also use high energy levels and low voltages during exams.
- There are a variety of oncology applications for the scanner, as well as use for orthopedic exams and spinal diagnostics.
- Anesthetic support may not be necessary, because the scanner can perform without sedating the patients.
- It’s perfect for use on elderly patients who are experiencing undiagnosed breathing difficulties and chest pain. Beta-blocks may not be needed to slow the heartbeat of patients, because the scan can actually be performed during only one heartbeat!
- Use of this new scan can actually improve workflow within the radiology department. How? Less contrast will be needed for patients who have poor kidney function. That means it will take less time to prep the patient and follow-up after the procedure.
It’s always exciting when new technology is introduced—especially when it reduces risks for patients and improves imaging.
At Atlantis Worldwide, we’re always here to help you determine the best CT Scanner and MRI options for your clinic, healthcare facility or practice. We can help you find terrific used and refurbished medical imaging equipment that deliver high performance, great warranties, lower cost and peace of mind. Please contact Jeff Weiss 212-366-9100 or email@example.com
Some blogs you may have missed:
- The New Era of Digital Medicine
- Can Your MRI Be Hacked?
- Medical Imaging: Fueling the Future of Health Care
- OEC 9800 SUPER C - IS IT RIGHT FOR YOU?
- Confused About MRI Coils?
About the author: Vikki Harmonay