Time is flying by, before we know it 2019 will be rolling in. Take advantage of Section 179 of the IRS Tax Code for your used or refurbished medical imaging equipment. This fabulous financial incentive allows you to purchase radiology equipment and deduct the purchase price. But, the equipment must be financed or purchased during the 2018 tax year.
Remember to get the full benefit of Section 179 your medical imaging equipment must be financed and in place by midnight December 31, 2018. Both new and used equipment qualify for the Section 179 Deduction as long as the used equipment is "new to you".
Now, before you think, “Yeah, but I can wait until next year and still get the tax break”—don’t count on it. Those folks at the IRS tend to change the Section 179 tax break standards from year to year, and usually NOT in your favor.
As William Arthur Ward said, ”Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long you miss them.”
Some blogs you may have missed:
- Plan Ahead For Medical Imaging Equipment Purchases
- Should your business lease or buy medical imaging equipment?
- Changing the Game: Xbox to X-Ray
- 7 Benefits of Medical Imaging File Sharing
- 3D Printing in Medical Imaging & Healthcare
- Heart Health Info-Graphic