Everyone knows that Siemens ARCADIS C-Arms deliver high performance and quality and can be a great investment for your practice, hospital or clinic. However, with three different ARCADIS C-arms to choose from, how do you know which one is right for you?
Let’s explore the differences between the ARCADIS Orbic 3D, ARCADIS Varic and ARCADIS Avantic.
The ARCADIS Orbic 3D is a high-end C-arm with iso-centric design and 190 degree orbital movement. It’s ideal for intraoperative use in orthopedic, trauma and spine surgery.
The ARCADIS Varic supports a broad range of applications like orthopedics, trauma, vascular surgery and urology.
The ARCADIS Avantic is a high-end, high power multi-purpose C-Arm. It provides a larger field of view for vascular and cardiac surgery, gastroenterology and other fields of practice.
Now, let’s look at what all three systems have in common:
• Optimally matched, fully digital 1K ²-imaging chain from image acquisition to viewing and archiving.
• Automatic dose, contrast and brightness control with EASY (Enhanced Acquisition System).
• Large 19” high-brightness, high contrast TFT monitors.
• Extraordinarily wide viewing angle of 170° and a highly ergonomic mounting on the trolley.
• Monitor out interface for viewing on additional monitors.
Now, let’s look at some of the specific differences:Imaging Features Available Only with ARCADIS Orbic 3D: • Requires only 30 seconds for a complete standard quality scan with 50 2D images in 1K2 resolution. It requires 60 seconds for a high quality scan comprising 100 2D images
• Short and sweet, the iso-centric design and 190º orbital movement offers virtually unlimited imaging projection.
• 3D Image Fusion for merging 3D data even from different modalities.
• VRT (Volume Rendering Technique) for volume visualization and easy orientation in the dataset.
• 3D dual monitor support allows for synchronized parallel scrolling displayed on two monitors.
• Each moving direction of the C-arm is represented by a color-coded measurement scale
• Intuitive selection of programs by using VPA (Virtual Patient Anatomy). Simply click on the VPA body region to be examined to select the appropriate application program
Imaging Features Available Only With ARCADIS Avantic:
• (13”) image Intensifier
• High tube currents of up to 250 mA
• “Power Mode” for applications where high power is required
• DCM* (Digital Cine Mode) with up to 30 f/s image acquisition for imaging of moving dye and organs
• Permanently optimized imaging through dual focus and rotating anode
• Counterbalanced C-arm design with excellent values in free space, immersion depth and overscan provides superior patient access and positioning flexibility
• Electromagnetic brakes with intelligent color coding makes positioning fast and easy.
• The multifunction footswitch* (as an alternative to the standard footswitch) allows control of all operating modes and single image storage out of the sterile field.
Integration Into Clinical Workflows: What All Three Have in Common:
▪ Fully functional multi-modality workstations. Multi-modality viewing allows you to access images from other modalities, like CT & MR.
▪ Supports virtually all DICOM* 3.0 functionalities, i.e., comprehensive connectivity with other modalities and clinical networks.
▪ All patient data can be loaded to your worklist directly from your HIS/RIS.
▪ You can query the archive using the search function.
▪ Syngo DICOM* Viewer for platform independent viewing of images.
▪ The X-ray tube delivers currents of up to 23 mA in demanding interventions. It also allows for over 50 minutes of fluoro time in low dose.
▪ Fluoro Loop* delivers an automatic replay of acquired scenes directly after radiation stops.
▪ With LSH* (Last Scene Hold), up to 120 of the last acquired images can be kept in a temporary memory and optionally stored in the local database.
▪ Ergonomic lightweight and compact trolley design provides better maneuverability and requires less space.
▪ Cable-free rear side and 180° rotatable monitors significantly reduces the distance to the OR table.
▪ Monitors can be adjusted vertically and horizontally for adaption to application specific needs.
▪ You get intelligent accessory and cable management, such as integrated CD and pen box.
▪ Easy accessibility to all network and video interfaces for direct connections, without any cable chaos.
▪ X-ray indicator is located on top of the monitors for best visibility from all directions.
All Three Provide Optimal Flexibility in Data Handling
▪ Supports virtually all DICOM 3.0 functionalities (including DICOM Send/Receive, Storage Commitment, Print, Worklist, Query/Retrieve and MPPS).*
▪ Provides almost unlimited options for postprocessing, archiving and documentation (with CD, DVD in DICOM and with USB in DICOM and BMP format).
▪ You get an overall storage capacity of 60,000 images.
All Three Provide Dose-Saving Features
An integrated laser light localizer*, radiation free collimation and multi-level dose control are only a few of many optional dose reduction features.
All Three Offer Optional Emotion* Sound System
This integrated onboard sound system provides a positive working atmosphere on all three ARCADIS systems.
NaviLink 2D* Is Only Available on Orbic & Varic C-Arms
Integrated, digital 1 K²-navigation interface NaviLink 2D features automatic transfer of 2D images in 1024 x 1024 resolution for optimum surgical navigation.
If you still have questions about which ARCADIS C-arm is right for you, it’s time to talk to an expert like Atlantis Worldwide. We can also help you understand the benefits of purchasing a refurbished ARCADIS system. Please contact Alex Silbergleit at 212-366-9100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Some C-Arm blogs you may have missed:
- OEC 9800 or OEC 9900: Which C-Arm is right for you?
- Everything You Need to Know About C-Arms. Really.
- Buy a C-Arm on eBay? You’ve Got to be Kidding!
- C-Arm: Safety Tips
- Room -Size Does Matter When Purchasing a C-Arm
- They Look Identical, Right? OEC 9600 C-Arms & OEC 9800 C-Arms
- Free C-Arm Resources
Meet the Author: Vikki Harmonay